Thursday, March 31, 2011

Key West Chickens, take 2

Having painted in oils, or oil glazes for decades, I'm taking advantage of time away from assignments to relearn acrylics. Even though I'm using the new-ish Open line from Golden, I'm finding the same frustration with drying time that I remember from my early days working at the Free Press. The positives include: paint stays wet on the palette overnight with no covering, blending is easier than conventional acrylics, layering is faster and easier than oils. The big negative is that thin applications of paint still dry in minutes, necessitating careful planning and isolating work areas.
We leave to come back to the frozen north tomorrow, meaning that these will be quick exercises. We'll see how it goes.

 For a look at my commercial work: http://www.cathygendron.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment